Fall season is upon us, and I could not be any more delighted! Not only is autumn my favorite season of the year, it is also my favorite food time of the year. Apple and pumpkin foods and treats, hot chocolate, soups, the list goes on. When I was younger I had a major aversion to pumpkin anything. Thank heavens taste buds change because now I am obsessed with it. Last year on Pinterest I found a 2 ingredient pumpkin brownie recipe but I did not try it. A while ago I was looking back on my fall themed Pinterest board and knew I had to make these treats. Right away I went out and got a huge case of pumpkin from Costco! These brownies could not be any easier to make. If you are interested in adding a few more ingredients, you are left with a delicious frosting! Either way they are super easy and tasty and are a perfect addition to your fall baking repertoire. Happy fall baking!
1 “Family Size” box (19.5 oz) brownie mix
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
½ cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
3. In a bowl mix together brownie mix and pumpkin until smooth.
4. Spread batter into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until set.
5. Let cool completely. Frost if desired.
6. Cream butter and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
7. Turn mixer to low and add in powdered sugar
8. Turn mixer up to medium and beat until fluffy.
9. Spread on brownies!
Recipe Source: cookiesandcups.com
- If you are feeling sassy make the frosting too!