Welcome to the first installment of All in Good Taste’s Christmas Confection Countdown! To begin I thought fudge would be the perfect treat to share. It is crazy how easy and delicious fudge is. My favorite is traditional milk chocolate fudge. No bells and whistles just simple classic chocolate flavor! This recipe melts in your mouth and is definitely fun to share with friends and family! To switch it up I put different delectable toppings on the fudge. You can keep it pure, or top it with peppermint crunch, sprinkles, nuts, or fleur de sel. Whatever you choose these will make a great addition to your treat plates this year!
3 cups of sugar
¾ cups butter or margarine
2/3 cups of evaporated milk
12 ounce package of chocolate chips
7 ounce jar of marshmallow cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Combine sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring all the while.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips, mixing until they are melted.
- Add marshmallow cream and vanilla. Mix until it is blended in.
- Pour fudge into a greased 9 by 13 inch pan. *Or see note below. If you desire to add toppings, quickly add them and lightly press into the fudge.
- When it has cooled down cut fudge into small squares.
- You can use any chocolate chips you like. I used milk, but dark or semi-sweet would be yummy too!
- I always add an extra teaspoon of vanilla; it makes the fudge taste out of this world!
- If you want thicker pieces of fudge use a 9 by 9 inch pan instead.
- For hassle free cutting, place parchment paper in the pan then pour fudge in. No need to grease it! When cooled all you need to do is grasp the sides of parchment, take it out of the pan, and place on a cutting board. It is so much easier!
Recipe Source: Very slightly adapted from Marshmallow Fluff container!