Holy. Deliciousness. Those are the two words I would use to describe these cookies. They are utterly amazing! These cookies are crazy moist, have a peppermint-y taste, have a marshmallow on it, and have a delectable frosting, oh and it’s chocolate! What more could you ask for? The cookie base is really easy to make, it’s from a cake mix! The special part comes from the puffy marshmallow and peppermint frosting. I made these for the first time last year and was hooked. They officially have earned their part in my Christmas baking repertoire! I urge you to give these a try you will not be disappointed! Enjoy!
1 box chocolate cake mix
½ cup oil
10-12 large marshmallows, cut in half
¼ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips (amazing!)
1 cup sugar
¼ cup milk
¼ cup butter
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Combine cake mix, oil, and eggs until combined. Form into one-inch balls and place onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 6 minutes then remove from oven and place one-half of a marshmallow (sticky side of marshmallow facing down on cookie).
- Bake for another two minutes and remove from oven. Gently smash the marshmallows down with a spatula and remove cookies to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan- melt and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and peppermint chips. Continue stirring until smooth. Frosting should thicken up.
- Pour frosting over the top of each cookie, then sprinkle a few peppermint chips over the top.
- Source: sweettreatsmore.com